All breeds are divided into 5 groups:
The experts nominate cats in a category in each breed's group:
- Longhair - Persian, Exotics
- Semi Longhair - Maine coon, Siberian, Norwegian, Somali, Angora, Neva masquerade, Ragdoll
- Shorthair: British, Scottish fold (SH and LH), Scottish SH and LH, Abyssinian, Russian blue, European SH, Burmese, Bombay etc.
- Oriental: Siamese, Oriental, Balinese, Javanese
- 5th group: all the rexes (Cornish, Devon, Selkirk), all the sphinxes (Canadian, Don, Peter bold), all the bobtails (Kurilian - SH and SLH, Japanese), Ìunchkin, American curl (SH and LH)
- Kitten - 3 - 6 month (regardless the sex)
- Junior - 6 - 10 month (regardless the sex)
- Adults - in each group - Male and Female
- From nominated Litters in each group of breeds experts choose only one - the best one in the group. (vote ONLY ring experts,
it means - those who were judges for these cats at an exhibition)
- Best of the Best is chosen from 5 best Litters in 5 groups (vote ONLY all breed judges)
The same procedure realize with Kitten and Junior: at the beginning the best in the group is chosen,
then the best cats in the groups are compared for the title Best of Best.
BOB in Adult: at first in each group judges choose the Best Female cat of group, and then - best Male cat of group.
Then they compare among themselves - winner becomes title "Best in show", another - "Best in show opposite sex".
Vote ONLY those experts which have judged these cats at the cat-show.
PROCEDURE of voting: OPEN - each expert shows cat number, for which he/she votes. In case of different opinions -
the judges vote one after another, by turns.
BOB in Adult:
Vote ONLY all-breed judges. Each judge fills in written form:
|12 ABY n
||2 CRX d 33
||45 SIB d 23
||66 ORI a
||76 PER ds
The BOB Show-manager announces:
"Your points for number 12". Each judge shows how many points were received by number 12.
The BOB steward writes down information about points and summarizes them. The places on a BOB are depending on receiving points.